Radeon ProRender for Maya sports the following features in build 220.127.116.11
• Viewport Integration means you can work with Radeon ProRender in real time with physically accurate raytracing, so you can see your changes as you make them.
• Render modes support including global illumination, direct illumination (with/without shadow), wireframe, diffuse albedo, position, normal, texture coordinates, ambient occlusion*.
• Render Elements (render layers) for post processing including support for opacity, world coordinates, UVs, material index, geometric normals, shading normals.
• Batch/background rendering.
• Control over frame completion and rendering with the ability to set render pass limits, and duration.
• Maya® tone mapping support.
• Assign local resources GPU and CPU.
• Near linear acceleration when adding additional GPUs.
• Built on OpenCL™, it's Hardware Agnostic, so it runs on virtually any hardware, including any combination of GPUs and CPUs.
• Motion blur support for objects.
• Intuitive material design, based on layered representation of real-world materials.
• A library of high quality materials.
• Materials are simple to use and editable in Maya®.
• Physically correct materials and lighting allow you to make true design decisions with global illumination.
• Interactive preview of Materials via the hyper shade editor.
• Import/Export Radeon ProRender materials via an.xml file so materials can be shared.
• UV generation modes and basic transform info for maps, which include scaling, offset and rotations.
• Change textures and apply tiling/scaling while rendering in a Maya® viewport.
• Interactive preview of materials via Maya® material hypershade editor thumbnails and Preview Window.
• Ability to create/edit/apply Radeon ProRender materials.
• Share Radeon ProRender Materials, including from Autodesk® 3ds Max®.
• Volumetrics Materials*.
• Subsurfrace Scattering (SSS) Materials*.
• Emissive and photometric lighting, as well as lights from HDRI environments, let you blend a scene in with its surroundings.
• Supports Maya® lights.
• Emissive materials to allow any geometry emit light.
• Support for textured emission.
• Support HDRI environment mapping and lighting.
• Support for Maya® tone mapping.
• Default lighting for scenes with no Radeon ProRender supported lights.
• Portal support
• Sun/Sky and Atmospherics*.
• Manage/select different cameras which are rendered in interactive mode via viewports.
• Support for Maya® camera presets.
• Depth of Field (DOF) support.
• Virtual Reality (VR) Camera support*.
• Camera motion blur support*.
• Support for Autodesk Maya® 2017 and for Autodesk Maya® 2016 on Windows. MacOSX support* coming soon!
• Custom shelf buttons for easy access to Radeon ProRender features.
• Share Radeon ProRender Materials from Autodesk 3ds Max®
• Integrates into existing Maya® workflows.
* Items marked in grey mean they will soon be coming to Radeon ProRender.